คำขวัญของโรงเรียน - ซื่อสัตย์ กตัญญู เมตตา กรุณา สัจจะ ยุติธรรม สันติ สงบสุข
ความหมายของสี - - แกร่งกล้า - สดใส - ร่าเริง
ความหมายของสัญลักษณ์โรงเรียน - แสงสว่างแห่งการศึกษา ประดุจดั่งธารน้ำไหลสู่มณีสมุทร
กำเนิดโรงเรียนกว่างเจ้า
LEADING KWONG CHOW SCHOOL ORIGINATED FROM THE FORMER KWONG SIEW SCHOOL .
IT WAS A FOUR PRONGED MERGER OF THOSE KWONG SIEW MENG TAK BOY SCHOOL AND KWONG TAK GIRL SCHOOL, AND WAHNAM BOY SCHOOL AND KITPONG GIRL SCHOOL. BOTH SCHOOLS WERE ESTABLISHED ON 16 JUNE,1932. THEY WERE TEMPORARILYCLOSED DOWN IN 1939 DUE TO UNSTABLE POLITICAL SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY. THE SCHOOLS WERE REOPENED AGAIN ON 11 NOVEMBER 1946 AND LATER ON MERGED AND BEING RENAMED AS KWONG CHOW SCHOOL EVER SINCE. KWONG CHOW ALSO ORIGINATED FROM WA-YEK
SCHOOL. BETWEEN 1911-1914 AFTER THE END OF CHENG DYNASTY, CHINA HAD GIVEN GREATEST IMPORTANCE TO EDUCATION, PARTICULARLY TO OVERSEAS CHINESE. REALIZED THAT EDUCATION WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IN DOING BUSINESS IN THOSE DAYS. SOME KWONG DUONG CHINESES IN THAILAND,NAMELY,NAI WONG JENG LIE, NAI CHAN KENG WA, NAI LAW PAK LONG, NAI JIK
WAN JI AND OTHERS HELPED IN THE FORMATION OF WA-YEK SCHOOL WITHIN THE KWONG SIEW ASSOCIATION’S BUILDING AND CONDUCTED TEACHING BY USING KHAM JI-KENG AND SEE-SI LESSONS.THIS WAS THE CREATION OF SCHOOL SECTION OF THE SCHOOL SECTION OF THE KWONG SIEW ASSOCIATION.
MENG TAK SCHOOL LOCATED AT THE PRESENT SITE OF KWONG SIEW HOSPITAL-MIDWIFE SECTION(1914-1932).
WHEN THE SCHOOL WAS OFFICIALLY OPENED,ITS NAME WAS KWONG SIEW KONG-LAP-MENG-TAK. THE SCHOOL WAS EXPANDED IN 1915 BY THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE 3 STOREY BUILDING. THERE WAS SOME CHANGES TAKEN PLACE IN EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM TO CO-EDUCATION; IN STUDENT REGULAR UNIFORM TO SOLDIER-LIKE COMBAT ONE IN 1917. THE TOTAL NUMBER OF STUDENTS RECORDED WERE OVER 300, IN THOSE DAYS; IT WAS COSIDERED TO BE THE MOST OUTSTANDING SCHOOL. IN 1931, WHEN THE SOCIAL AND POLITICAL SITUATION WAS IN CHAOS, THE ECONOMIC CONDITION OF OVERSEAS CHINESE WAS AT THE LOWEST LEVEL,THE SCHOOL HAD ALSO BEEN AFFECTED. THE SCHOOL COULD NOT MEET WITH THE EDUCATIONAL EXPENSES; THE SCHOOL BOARD UNANIMOUSLY DECIDED TO MERGE WITH THE GIRL SCHOOL,KWANTAK, TO REDUCE THE OPERATION COST, AND MAINTAIN THE SCHOOLS’ NAME ONLY AS MENG-TAK UNTIL 1932 THE SCHOOL’S NAME WAS CHANGED TO KWONG SIEW.
KWAN-TAK SCHOOL THIS SCHOOL WAS LOCATED ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE CENTRAL POST OFFICE (SA-PAN
YAO SOI)(1917-1931) IN 1917. AS THE OVERSEAS CHINESE REALIZED THE IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION, AND AS WOMEN ARE MATERNAL IN NATURE, THERE WAS A NEED TO EDUCATE THEMSELVES TO BE ABLE TO CATCH UP WITH PEOPLE TO REPOND TO THIS DEMAND(THEIR NEEDS),THEY THEN JOINED HANDS IN ESTABLISHMENT OF KWAN-TAK GIRL SCHOOL. IN 1927, THE SCHOOL WAS EXPANDED TO COPE WITH THE INSUFFICIENT CAPACITY TO HOUSE THE STUDENTS NUMBERING OVER 200 BY BUILDING ADDITIONAL CLASSROOMS(DURING THOSE DAYS ALL EXPENSES OF MENG-TAK AND KWAN-TAK CAME FROM KWONG SIEW ASSOCIATION).
IN 1931 THE ECONOMIC CONDITION OF OVERSEAS CHINSE WAS INCREASINGLY DECLINED. THE SCHOOL BOARD,HENCE, UNANIMOUSLY DECIDED TO MERGE WITH MENG-TAK SCHOOL, AND RENAMED IT AS KWNG-SIEW1,AND MOVED TO MENG-TAK SCHOOL SITE.
WA-NAM SCHOOL THE SCHOOL WAS LOCATED AT TROK-SUNG IN BANG-RAK WITHIN THE LIANG FAMILY’S
ANCESTER’S COURT. IN 1925, THE KWONG DOUNG CHINESE WHO WERE INTERESTED IN EDUCATION JOINTLY PARTICIPATED IN THE FORMATION OF WA-NAM SCHOOL. IN THOSE DAYS, BANG-RAK WAS CONSIDERED THE CENTEROF DEVELOPMENT(PROSPERITY) HOWEVER, THERE WERE MANY CHILDREN OF THE POOR AS WELL. AS SUCH, THEACTUAL PURPOSE OF THE SCHOOL WAS TO HELP THE CHILDREN WHO LACKED FINANCIAL RESOURCE TO GET EDUCATION. IN 1927, THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS HAD INCREASED FROM 45 TO OVER 200. DUE TO GRADUAL WITHDRAWAL OF THE SCHOOLS’ SUPPORTERS, THE KOK-MIN-TANG COMMAND CENTER, DIVISION 9 WAS ASSIGNED TO LOOK AFTER THE SCHOOL FROM 1929. A YEAR LATER,IN 1930, THE COMMAND CENTER, DIVISION 9 WAS UNABLE TO TAKE CHARGE; THE SCHOOL WAS THEN RETURNED ALL RESPONSIBILITIES TO KWONG SIEW EDUCATION BOARD. IN 1932, AFTER TAKING OVER THE SCHOOL’S TASKS, THE ECONOMIC CONDITION,MEANWHILE, WAS IN DOWN-TURN (DECLINE), THE SCHOOL BOARD RESOLVED THAT IT BE MERGED WITH KIT-PONG GIRL SCHOOL AND BECAME KWONG-SIEW2
KIT-PONG GIRL SCHOOL IT WAS ORIGINALLY LOCATED IN SURAWONG ROAD, LATER ON MOVED TO THE AREA OF
CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY. IN 1926, CHINESE WOMEN TOOK PART IN THE ESTABLISHMENT OF KIT-PONG GIRL SCHOOL BY RENTING A HOUSE IN SURAWONG AREA AS A SITE TO OPEN THE SCHOOL. TWO YEARS LATER(1928) THE SCHOOL BECAME FAMOUS AND PROSPERED. A LOT OF DONATION FLOWED IN STEADILY AND THERE WAS SUFFICIENT AMOUNT TO BUILD ITS OWN SCHOOL. THE ADMINISTRATION THEN RENTED PART OF LAND OF CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY IN PHAYATHAI AREA TO BUILD THE SCHOOL. AGAIN, IN 1932 WHERE THE COUNTRY’S ECONOMIC CONDITION WAS ON THE DOWN-TURN, THE SCHOOL
ADMINISTRATION THEN WAS TRANSFERRED TO KWONG-SIEW ASSOCIATION, AND IT WAS MERGED WITH WA-NAM SCHOOL AND BECAME KWONG-SIEW2 LATER ON.
KWONG-SIEW SCHOOL1 WAS LOCATED WITHIN LIANG FAMILY’S ANCESTER’S COURT IN BANG-RAK;TRK-SUNG AREA.
IT WAS LOCATED WITHIN THE KWONG-SIEW ASSOCIATION. AFTER THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SCHOOL, IN 1932 THERE WERE 280 STUDENTS. IN 1933, THE STUDENTS INCREASED TO OVER 400. AS A RESULT THERE WAS A NEED FOR EXPANSION OF CLASSES BY CONSTRUCTING ONE MORE STOREY ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF BUILDING # 3 OF THE ASSOCIATION AND MADE IT THE AUDITORIUM. AT THE SAME TIME, THE SECOND FLOOR WAS TURNED TO BE STUDENTS’ CLASSROOMS.
KWONG-SIEW 2 WAS LOCATED WITHIN LIANG FAMILY’S ANCESTER’S COURT IN BANG-RAK; TRK-SUNG AREA.
IN 1932, AFTER THE ESTABLISHMENT, THERE WERE OVER 200 STUDENTS. THE STUDENTS INCREASEDTO OVER 600 IN 1936; HOWEVER, THERE WERE LIMITED CLASSROOMS,AND THE SCHOOL WAS UNABLE TO HOUSE ALL THE STUDENTS. THEREFORE, ADDITIONAL CLASSROOMS WERE ADDED THROUGH THE CONSTRUCTION OF TWO STOREYS WOODEN BUILDING ON THE REAR SPORTS GROUND. BESIDES, MORE CLASSROOMS WERE ADDED HORIZONTALLY ON BOTH SIDES. WHEN THE TWO SCHOOLS WERE COMBINED, THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS WERE RECORDED AS OVER 1100. AMONG THESE, THERE WERE QUITE A NUMBER OF VERY POOR(FINANCIAL SCARCED) STUDENTS. IN CONCLUSION, ALTHOUGH KWONG-SIEW WERE DIVIDED INTO TWO INDIVIDUAL SCHOOLS BUT THEY BECAME ONE ENTITY,AND ADMINISTERED BY ONE HEAD MASTER WONG-JAW-YANG. EACH SCHOOL WAS HEADED BY HIS REPRESENTATIVE I.E. KWONG SIEW 1 BY ALUMNI WIANG-CHAN-PIEW WHILE KWONG SIEW 2 BY ALUMNI WONG-AT-JI.
KWONG CHOW SCHOOL LOCATION OF THE SCHOOL: KWONG-SIEW SCHOOL WITHIN KWONG-SIEW SCHOOL ON
11/10/1946 AFTER KWONG-SIEW OFFICIALLY OPENED FOR TEACHING, HEAD MASTER WONG-WO-YIN RESIGNED AS A RESULT OF HIS BUSINESS EXPANSION AND RETURNED TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,THE KWONG SIEW ASSOCIATION,THEN, INVITED KOM-CHEK-PING TO ASSUME THE HEADMASTER POST OF THE SCHOOL. ON 2/4/1948 THE SCHOOL WAS REGISTERED WITH THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND HAD ITS NAME CHANGED TO KWONG CHOW SCHOOL. AGAIN, HEADMASTER KAM-CHEK-PING RESIGNED DUE TO PERSONAL REASON THE SCHOOL BOARD HAD INVITED MAHA BANDIT(MA-CHOW-HENG) TO ASSUME THE THIRD HEADMASTER.
RELOCATION OF THE SCHOOL DUE TO LIMITED SPACE WITHIN THE ASSOCIATION, INSUFFICIENT AREA TO HOUSE OVER ONE THOUSAND STUDENTS, AND MUCH MORE CHINESE CHILDREN ARE UNABLE TO ENTER
THE SCHOOL, THE SCHOOL BOARD RESOLVED THAT RELOCATION OF THE SCHOOL TO THE NEW SITE IN SILOM WHICH WAS A FORMER UNUSED CEMETARY.ON 30/1954 THERE WAS A FORMER SCHOOL OPENED FOR TEACHING ON 01/07/1954
OPENING OF SECONDARY GRADE ON 04/09/1964, THE SCHOOL DIRECTOR,MRS. MALEE LIANG CHAIKUL HAD SUBMITTED THE REQUEST TO OPEN THE SECONDARY CLASSES TO THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION. IT TOOK
ABOUT HALF A YEAR TO GET THE APPROVAL AND THE CERTIFICATE WAS GRANTED. IN 1967, THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS INCREASED MUCH MORE THAN EXPECTED,THERE WAS A NEED TO BUILD ADDITIONAL CLASSROOMS. IN 1968,, THERE WAS A COMPLETION OF BUILDING FOR SECONDARY CLASS STUDENTS. IN 1972, THE SCHOOL WAS HONORED AND GRANTED OFFICIAL ACADEMIC STATUS BY THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION.
Thai Eng Chinese